9/14/2020 – KBE Building Corporation hosted its Fourth Annual Golf Tournament on August 31, 2020 at the Country Club of Waterbury. This year, 100 golfers participated in the charity event. Funds raised at the event are used to provide scholarships to graduating seniors from the State’s Technical High Schools who are pursuing construction industry careers.
This year’s awards totaled $13,000, given to 13 technical high school students. The funds will help the students pay for the costs of post-high school education programs in the building trades or construction management programs. These include trade certification classes for licensure as well as 2- and 4-year degree programs in construction management.
“It’s been wonderful to see how KBE’s golf tournament has grown over the course of the past four years,” says Robert Dunn, Esq., senior vice president of KBE Building Corporation. “The tournament is a great opportunity for our industry peers to support the next generation of professionals entering into our industry. We’re thankful to all of the players and tournament sponsors for joining us in this endeavor.”
KBE Building Corporation first awarded scholarships to students from Connecticut Technical High School System in 2014 as part of the firm’s 50 Ways to Make a Difference philanthropic initiative. To be eligible for scholarships, students must be furthering their training and education in their chosen construction field, including four-year college programs for construction management or certification programs for building trades such as electricity, plumbing, or HVAC.
Sponsors for this year’s golf tournament include:
- Platinum Sponsor: Manafort Brothers Incorporated
- Dinner Sponsors: Interior Building Contractors and Richards Corporation
- Gold Sponsor: XTX Associates, LLC
- Lunch Sponsors: Ducci Electrical Contractors and KeyBank
- Cart Sponsors: Mizzy Construction, Inc. and MJ Daly
- Cigar Sponsor: Daniel’s Caulking LLC
- Longest Drive Sponsor: DiBlasi Associates
- Cocktail Sponsor: Acranom Masonry Inc.
- Putting Contest Sponsor: Xenelis Construction
- Scholarship Sponsors: Aon, Central Conn. Acoustics, CohnReznick, Conn. Acoustics, Connecticut Wealth Management, Diamond Roofing, Ducci Electrical Contractors, Interior Building Contractors, KeyBank, Manafort Brothers Incorporated, Professional Drywall Construction Inc., Richards Corporation, Ross Mechanical Contractors LLC, XTX Associates LLC
About KBE Building Corporation
Located in Farmington, CT; Norwalk, CT; and Columbia, MD, KBE Building Corporation is a full-service, single-source commercial construction company strategically positioned to serve the Eastern and Mid-Atlantic U.S. Founded in 1959 and incorporated in 1966, the firm provides preconstruction, construction management, design-build, and general contracting services to clients in the retail, educational, senior living, federal, corporate, hospitality, health care, and institutional markets. KBE has managed more than $2.5 billion in construction volume over the last decade and is ranked among Engineering News-Record magazine’s top 400 construction companies nationally. Learn more at www.kbebuilding.com.
KBE is one of the KBE Companies, which includes KBE-NY, serving metropolitan New York, and New Valley Construction, serving the Western US. Through this affiliation of full-service construction management firms, the KBE Companies serve clients throughout the US in the senior living, higher education, retail, corporate, government, hospitality/entertainment, and health care markets.
Media Contact: Jonelle Lawhorn | KBE Director of Marketing
t: 860.284.7431| c: 860.836.7517 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org