ST. MARY’S CITY, Md., June 25, 2012 — James Schloss, Project Manager at KBE Building Corporation, recently awarded an Environmental Studies Scholarship funded by KBE to Elizabeth Marie Josephine Lee of Narrangansett, Rhode Island, a student at St. Mary’s College of Maryland.
This award, which is funded for four years at the College, provides a $2,500 scholarship to a different student each year who satisfies the following criteria:
1. A rising senior;
2. Enrolled in Environmental Studies or Education Studies in the field of environmental work;
3. Demonstrates financial need;
4. Involved in the James P. Muldoon River Center project at St. Mary’s College (which KBE Building Corporation constructed for the College)
5. Demonstrates compassion toward others through community service; and
6. Maintains a minimum GPA of 3.0 throughout the period of the scholarship.
Ms. Lee is a junior majoring in biology. She is a student ambassador and a member of Beta Beta Beta Honor Society, the Crew Club, and the Dance Club. After St. Mary’s, Ms. Lee plans on studying ocean studies in graduate school in order to pursue a career in scientific research.
About KBE Building Corporation
Regionally located in Farmington, Conn., and Columbia, Md., KBE Building Corporation is a full-service, single-source commercial construction company strategically positioned to serve the Eastern and Mid-Atlantic U.S. Founded in 1959 and incorporated in 1966, the firm provides preconstruction, construction management, design-build, and general contracting services to clients in the educational, senior living, federal, corporate, hospitality, health care, institutional, and retail markets. KBE has managed more than $2.5 billion in construction volume over the last decade and is ranked among Engineering News-Record magazine’s top 400 construction companies nationally.
Media Contact: Jonelle Lawhorn | KBE Director of Marketing
t: 860.284.7431| c: 860.836.7517 | f: 860.284.7831 | e: firstname.lastname@example.org